View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Are you f'in kidding me? No hearing? If you watch the replay, you see Downie see Josi coming around and accelerate at him in closed quarters, he's got his head down and Downie launches, literally launches himself at Jose, leading with his shoulder into Josi's head. The NHL is full of ***** if they're trying to clean up hits to the head if they don't do anything in this scenario. Very disappointed.

I'll be even more disappointed if we don't have Oglethorpe dressed for the next time we play the Avs.
It didn't seem a targetted headshot, and him leaving his feet was questionable. Regardless, the hit was predatory, with the only intent being to blow up Josi. There's no hockey play there, it wasn't an attempt to separate a player from the puck...it was an attempt to separate him from his jock. Hockey may have a tradition of hits like that, but I don't like seeing them, and they don't serve a real purpose for the game. They DO lead to injuries, and I don't see how a league that is concerned for player safety can condone them.

The chest-beating crowd can tell me to go watch Euro hockey and that I'm pansifying the sport...whatever. A great young player was injured while people cheer on the act that did it. That disgusts me...

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote