View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 04:52 PM
enthropi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I'm guessing Chase must've bombed his interviews or something, because he's playing more like a 2nd rounder than a 7th. I remember back in 2011 Sean Couturier was a lock to be a top 5 pick and Brandon Saad was supposed to be a mid first round pick. Teams were apparently turned off by their responses and they fell to 8 and the second round respectively. Well by the time it gets to the 4th round and lower I couldn't care less about character/attitude and would much rather just go for the guy that has the most skill. Even with a guy like Linus Omark at least we got half a productive season out of him, which is better than most 4th rounders.
Very doubtful there was an interview for such a low draft pick, probably half-explains any good player that slips through and becomes a success in the later rounds, all up to the scouts at that point. He certainly wasn't one of the 100 or so players invited to the Combine which determines most of the pre-draft interviews. Unless I am missing something, of course, but goes along the second half of your post...