View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The brainwashing of being a "winner", a "leader", and "tough" are why we have threads like this. People get brainwashed by these buzz words and stop living in reality. That's why a lot of players go too high in the draft, people are enamored with intangibles. So this spills over into coaching where being a "winner" and "leader" as a player makes you a better coach than an actual coach.
Exactly this. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I can sympathize with the OP.

A lot of you may be sick of Messier because MSG Network force feeds us 1994 but he is still the preeminent New York Ranger of the modern era, and is now associating with different franchise. I have no idea if Messier is qualified; it would have been cool to give him a shot. I think he earned it in the sense that he's been a warrior and a good ambassador for the organization for so long. After his interview on NHL Network about leaving the organization, I believed Messier interviewed for the Rangers head coaching position for sincere and selfless reasons, and that he genuinely felt unappreciated when they brought someone outside the family to take the reigns.
The issue I have with Messier, and it has nothing to do with his playing days because he is one of my favorite players of all time not just because of 1994, is that we all saw this coming if he was passed over for the head coaching job. If he didn't get what HE wanted he'd leave, instead of taking a lesser role.