View Single Post
Old
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
paxtang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
Plenty of people consider him a whiner. The difference is content. Leaf whiners present a woe is me rant. Roenick, while partially woe is me, had a lot to say about the state of the league that many have agreed with.
Also, while a lot of what Roenick said is about the league in general, the he and the Flyers have really pointed out several refs in general. Blaine Angus is def not liked in Philly, nor is McCreary, who has been critisized publicly by the team and particularly Recchi, who stated in a mid game interview that the team thinks most of the refs do a great job and feel comfortable with them, but they just dont feel comfortable with McCreary calling a game. A lot of the previous the stuff said about the leafs was because of the general, "O the league hates us" conspiracy theory things, while in this situation its more of a, there are crappy refs and the league isn't doing anything about it.

I don't necesarrily agree with the "o the league is screwing me" mentatlity Roenick has, but the league does pick out certain players, like Roenick and Tucker, and I think he is bringing that to attention.