View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Darth Joker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Main reason Philly sucks right now is Giroux not being in shape yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It was both. I had to remind myself that giroux was actually in the lineup. But their defense also isn't very good at getting pucks up to their forwards in stride, as galley mentioned on CBC.

Giroux's presence cannot be understated though. The flyers will go as far as giroux takes them.
Agreed. This game shows what Philly is like if Giroux is a total non-factor. It's not pretty. But if Giroux bounces back, then the Flyers will likely bounce back with him.

As for the Habs, I'm really pleased and pleasantly surprised with Therrien's quick adjustment, both with Eller and with Subban. Hopefully this means that he won't play favorites between DD and Eller, and whichever guy most deserves it will get the most ice-time. Right now, Eller deserves to be the Habs forward getting the most ice-time, or at least very close to it.

Eller has always had all the tools, he just had trouble putting it altogether to produce a lot of goals and points. But now he's putting it altogether, and it's really exciting to watch! Eller is becoming a real force for the Habs.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote