View Single Post
10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I like Jokinen and I like Jeffrey, I am now wondering if the team should keep Sutter, last year I kept a close eye on how he plays and it wasn't really all that impressive, but all I could think about was "Shero traded Jordan Staal for this kid and a stud prospect as well as a pick, let's give him a shot."

I think the fact that we got 2 solid prospects out of it is still a win, but Sutter is making me wonder if the team is going to hang on to him because he was moved for Staal or because they think he can turn into a solid player.

I'd move Sutter for a top 6 winger in a heart beat, if a team was desperate enough to want him for that kind of price, a team with a brutally weak bottom 6 perhaps? I think Jeffrey can do as good of a job and learn to be better at the defensive side of the game as well as contribute offensively with increased minutes and a regular spot for once.

I think I would be choked to see Jeffrey get traded over Sutter and I would definitely hope Shero got burned if that happened, by seeing Jeffrey absolutely thrive elsewhere with the role he should have been given with the Pens.
1. Sutter's trade value (given how other teams will value him) may be greater than his value to the Pens (with JJ and Jeffrey).

2. Sutter is a RFA after this season. Anyone think he's worth the 3+ million a year he's going to want?

KIRK is online now   Reply With Quote