View Single Post
Old
10-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabber Chops View Post
No argument there as I am not exactly overflowing with confidence with Fleury either. I always look at the first few minutes and if he's solid, square, and not over-commiting then he's fine. The problem is that I have to look every single game.

On the second note, Fleury has very little value at present. If they had of dumped him per se then we would have had a tandem of Vokoun and Z. Ignoring the blood clot, which is an out of the blue sort of thing, that tandem brings with it greater risk than Fleury with Vokoun for no additional gain as that cap savings cannot be committed to players for a term longer than this season realistically. Keeping Fleury was a good call, even if it was as a split-start goalie or overpaid back-up.
The problem with keeping Fleury around if you're Shero is that your coach still wants to start him. I'd rather cut ties with him and let Vokoun take over than keep around a goalie that will force the better goalie to ride the pine. It probably sounds like strange logic to some, but it's sort of like not re-signing Adams or Glass. Don't give Bylsma rope to hang himself if you can help it.