View Single Post
10-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Kyle McMahon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
At your service sir.

Lowest I ever recall for an esks regular season game at Commonwealth. With a lot of those paid tickets disguised as empty seats.

Worse still is there was probably half of the fans sitting in seats by the second half. I imagine the exodus started really early.
They lucked out with the weather. If it had been rainy and barely above zero like it was earlier this week I doubt 10,000 people would have shown up.

Still though, the 2009 finale against the Argos takes the cake. We'd already clinched a playoff spot, shockingly, and the game was meaningless. It was rainy all day, turning to wet snow by game time, which was 7 pm Friday night. There were probably 3,000 people actually in their seats, maybe 2,000 more underneath. Never seen anything like it. According to the CFL website the official tally was 30,000. I think the organization caught a break with the schedule this year with only one game left after today. Imagine if they played the Bombers on the last Friday night of the season or something. Attendance would be getting counted in the hundreds, not thousands.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote