View Single Post
10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Hextall is a deity!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yep, but at the same time, Holmgren was the one who attached his horses to the Laviolette cart. When the Flyers moved Richards and Carter (and it can be debated about whether or not the team is better off for it), Holmgren sent a loud shot in the locker room that the coach is never at fault. Laviolette was given pretty much complete autonomy and it's coming back to bite them. If Holmgren fires Laviolette, he loses face and players know it. If Holmgren keeps Laviolette, the players end up revolting. I'd certainly be interested in knowing what's being said in the locker room right now and whether or not players are openly defiant of Laviolette and ignoring him.......
Again..I think Snider played a big part in it as well. He pretty much said we are not going to fire coaches like we have and now it will come down on the players. The Richards and Carter trades were a reset for Lavi but the Flyers again should have done their homework a little more and considered the flaws of he coach as well. I was ok with the trades and the returns but I did have my concerns that the coach also bore responsibility. The issue was that Lavi's General...Pronger was more old school in the Messier mold and he supported his coach and believed you had to do so and Pronger was the go between. Kind of like I noted when you have a hard ass coach you need an equally strong personality as captain. Richards was more of a players captain and hence the divide in the room between the younger guys and the vets. It was a cultural problem. Once Pronger went down after assuming the mantle from Richards.....then G took over and he is more of a players captain as well and I feel he doesn't fully endorse Lavi as well at least in the locker room and of late on the ice.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote