View Single Post
10-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Uh, no he didn't, did you not watch him? A ton of his criticism was based on him being bad on breakaways, which are almost by definition always a great scoring chance. Most of the goals he gave up were on tips, odd man rushes, and shots in or around the slot.
No. A ton of his criticism wasn't about breakaways. It was about how he was constantly failing to be square to the shooter. His effort level was low. If he was screened, he would sit there behind it making barely any attempt to see the puck. He constantly failed to track the puck. He got beaten on routine shots from low-quality areas all the damned time. He rarely fought for saves. He very rarely bailed out his defense, which made them look worse than they actually were. There were rumors of disinterest and locker room issues. The breakaways were just the tip of the ****berg that was Bryzgalov's performance in Philly.

Hell, all you had to do was watch opposing goalies make saves Bryz didn't all the damned time to realize he wasn't measuring up. Shots from the slot and from one timers should not have been going in as often as they did. Every team creates those opportunities. Most goalies stop them at a higher rate than Bryz did.

If breakaways and being hung out to dry by his defense were his chief issues, he would be doing better than a try-out agreement with the ECHL. You don't think any of the GMs in the pro-hockey world would have seen what you're saying besides you?

Saturday night, I like to raise a little harm. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote