View Single Post
Old
10-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Sometimes I wonder why Bylsma don't put Crosby on the 4th line with Joe Viatle and Tanner Glass. He'd definitely break Gretzky's records that way...

I mean, seriously? I did bring up their Corsi QoC from last year, which seem fairly similar. Eller simply produced at a higher clip while playing 5 friggin' minutes less per game, including about 2 minutes less per game on the PP.

I'm not saying he would have challenged for the Art Ross had he played the same kind of minutes Turris did, but it's a pretty fair assessment to think his production would have been even better had he played about 33% more per game (and 3 to 4 times his current PPTOI/G).

Eller simply outperformed Turris last season in worse conditions. Based on that simple fact, I don't really see how Turris can be considered better or more of a "2nd line center" than Eller right now.
Turris played all season playing in a role way above his head on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. That said, he did lead a team that went to the 2nd round, THROUGH your team, in goals and points in both the regular season and the playoffs. I'm not saying that Turris is more of a 2nd line C than Eller, because I believe both are, but I am saying that in no way can we assume that Eller would have outperformed Turris in the similar situation. As I said, Eller is one of my favorite players in the league, definitely more of a fanboy than I am for Turris, but I doubt Eller would have filled the role that Turris did last year.