View Single Post
Old
10-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
Look at this everyone flmed me bcuz I said trading Mike Richards was a horrible idea along with Jeff Carter only good thing out of either of those trades is vorachek but b.schenn is not good why trade for potential when you already have talent!!! He needs to go and I liked the jvr trade honestly but we over paid for arguably one of the greatest defensman
Interestingly enough Schenn had exactly the same PPG with almost exactly the same minutes as JVR did before he was traded. Now JVR will probably hit 60 this year. Players cannot break out with limited minutes.

Schenn was 9th in PPG in the whole league for players playing under 16 minutes last year.

If we trade him, much like with JVR, he instantly goes from 40-45 point to 55-60 points due to the minutes he will play on a team with less offensive depth.

Simmonds has more points and PPG than Richards since the trade, Voracek more points and PPG than Carter. I know the roles are very different, but still, we got them, plus Couts who was arguably the best pure defensive forward in the NHL last season, Schenn who paced for 46 points last year, Cousins who looked great in training camp, and Grossmann as a by-product.

We got pretty good value.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote