View Single Post
10-06-2013, 10:36 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
1. What units would you think? Sid-Kunitz-Duper-Martin/Jokinen-Letang and Geno-Neal-Beauner-Jokinen/Martin-Nisky (assuming he's here), with who gets Martin or Jokinen depending upon which unit goes out first?

2. I will say this whole 'one will get more time is a straw man'. Make the rule simple: Fresher unit goes out first. Sid or Geno is first man on from his unit when the change starts. I think you'll see the minutes work out pretty equally (more equally than the ES minutes do ).

3. I do like the suggestion that two units may inadvertently yet productively fuel competition between Sid and Geno.

4. Will Sid and Geno play rocks, paper, scissors to determine who does NOT end up with Letang?
I don't care what the moving parts are. Sid and Geno obviously man their own. We have more than enough pieces to find two units that work.

Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Expecting him to bring the tenacity to his game that he showed in Carolina and judging him for not doing that is NOT scapegoating him.
It's a lot more than saying he doesn't play with tenacity. I'm not really sure he doesn't play with tenacity is the thing. He's just not one of those guys who goes and runs guys through the boards or anything like that. I see him fighting for position in the offensive zone, coming back hard creating back pressure on the back check, and he mans up well in the defensive zone.

I'd like to see him play with a little more piss and vinegar, but he is an effective player for his role. I think the way he plays is surprising mainly because of the bloodlines he comes from.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote