View Single Post
Old
11-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
inferno...

there are a couple holes. Right now, there is a second line centerman hole. There's a hole today, and perhaps in the future, given that Dubi's the real future and he seems to have taken a step back from last season's playoffs, and has been cold since about his second preseason game.

Also, there is a hole, or holes, on defense. One can argue that this team needs an entire top pair - one offenseman (a puck mover), who can also play the PP point, and a defensive defenseman. The question is, where do you start. Acquiring any of those three positions, assuming the price is right, would be deemed as filling a hole.

There are still cap considerations. The Rangers' defense is quite expensive considering what they have. They're expending nearly $6MM on a third pair defenseman and a guy sitting in the press box. Before acquiring anybody, that situation needs to be cleared (and since I'm not a cap expert, I don't know if it can be cleared).

On Immonen being a second line centerman - I've been an outspoken proponent of giving the guy a chance somewhere, but he's not a second line centerman. Maybe you put him between Shanny and Prucha and he holds his own for a few games, but he's not the solution for the playoffs, or the future.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote