View Single Post
10-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Jules Winnfield
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'll challenge the defensive wiz notion. It really fell apart late last season. He's young, yes. But right now I cannot tell you what his role is here. Guys like Talbot had more of a role here than Sutter does right now.

I'm not hating him, but I'm holding his standard a little higher. I watched his d-game look average late last season. I see him get out muscled out of everything. If he stays this way, he serves no purpose to the team.

But please... take what i'm saying with a grain of salt. I'm just bringing the discussion up. I love the kid's game. It just looks lost right now. I feel that HE feels he has no identity to this team. He needs to take it over.
Pretty much my thoughts on Sutter also. For all the talk about his defensive play given by Carolina fans and what I saw last year, I was pretty disappointed. I was at least hoping him to be somewhat like Dave Bolland with his D and offensive contributions.

I think the biggest issue I have with his game is the lack of intensity. Unfortunately that's not something you can fix with coaching either. He's a really steady player but when the game counts come playoff time the guys that are often times the difference makers on winning teams are the guys that can raise their intensity level.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote