View Single Post
Old
10-06-2013, 11:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Depends on the field. Internships are all over the place - but, generally, they don't like giving out unpaid internships to grads/non-credit because then it's essentially unpaid labour and there's lots of problems with that.

On the rare chance that there are paid internships available, you're going to be competing with everybody who's been laid off in that field and is looking to get back. I'd recommend looking into entry-level positions in whatever field you're in and getting those elusive "3-5 years" of experience.
Thanks for the reply WS.

It's honestly not even for me. The problem is someone I know hasn't done a single internship and has poor work experience, just basically same stuff over and over and nothing spectacular. They feel they won't get a good job after they graduate this year(December) so they might look for an internship then when contract is over seek an entry level job.

I'm honestly not sure if a company will hire them as an intern because the company might not get financial assistance for it(Aka, they will be on hook for full pay). That's what I'm wondering. They are a Business student.

As for unpaid internships. I've honestly never ever had an issue because I'm lucky to be in a field where they pretty much don't exist. I did hear about companies giving small stipends for a business intern position but only once. Never heard it for engineering though(which I'm in).

For Arts degrees, I'd imagine there's more unpaid stuff.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote