View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 12:47 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I don't care what the moving parts are. Sid and Geno obviously man their own. We have more than enough pieces to find two units that work.

It's a lot more than saying he doesn't play with tenacity. I'm not really sure he doesn't play with tenacity is the thing. He's just not one of those guys who goes and runs guys through the boards or anything like that. I see him fighting for position in the offensive zone, coming back hard creating back pressure on the back check, and he mans up well in the defensive zone.

I'd like to see him play with a little more **** and vinegar, but he is an effective player for his role. I think the way he plays is surprising mainly because of the bloodlines he comes from.
Better description. I think ultimately that we're looking for the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Pretty much my thoughts on Sutter also. For all the talk about his defensive play given by Carolina fans and what I saw last year, I was pretty disappointed. I was at least hoping him to be somewhat like Dave Bolland with his D and offensive contributions.

I think the biggest issue I have with his game is the lack of intensity. Unfortunately that's not something you can fix with coaching either. He's a really steady player but when the game counts come playoff time the guys that are often times the difference makers on winning teams are the guys that can raise their intensity level.
You know, in a way, he's Dominic Moore on this team. But for the circumstances according to which he arrived and the last name, he's kind of non-descript as a 3C. Doesn't make him bad. Just means, as you and Cole suggest, there's nothing that screams 'we absolutely need this kid'.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote