View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
We have a fundamental difference of opinion. Its not easy to adapt when you have a roster thats poorly constructed - as the Flyers do, as the Rangers did/do.
no no I definitely agree with you. The Flyers roster has many, many holes. I don't even think Lavy should have been fired, but 3 G in 3 games is not going to cut it for Homer I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
+ They have very few good defensive forwards.
That is also an issue, but not nearly as pressing as no two-way defenders. They at least have Couturier, Read, and Talbot to clean up the mess every now and then. But because of what he does, Couturier just might be the most overrated Flyer by their fanbase, they think his defensive skill is on par with Jere Lehtinen it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Meszaros is (was?) actually good, but he is always injured and somehow gets third pairing minutes when he's healthy (though that's on Lavy).

But yeah that D is a mess. "We need better D, let's bring in stay at home guys!" Problem is that those stay at home guys are always trapped in their own end (Grossmann, Schenn, Gill etc.). "Carle is a giveaway machine, addition by subtraction!" Yeah it isn't because he always had the puck and was the core of your transition game that he had a ton of giveaways?
I definitely agree on giving up Carle being a dumb idea. He WAS their transition game, forget that he was a part of it, he was it. Meszaros is absolutely awful now. I watched the Canes game and the some parts of the game against Montreal, I'd argue he was probably the worst Flyer on the ice from what I saw.

Last edited by Raspewtin: 10-07-2013 at 11:31 AM.