View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 12:59 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I don't care if they win or lose right now, to be quite honest. I just want to see a full 60 minutes and proof that the defense isn't in as dire straights this year as I think it is.
I don't think it's in as dire straights as you may think, but I also think it's going to take more than 3 games for it to work back to where it should be. Mitchell obviously isn't back in game shape yet, he's been slow and consequently out of position a bit, and Greene is going through one of his bad spells where he's overdoing some things. Remember that Greene missed almost all of last year too though. I think it'll take Mitchell a couple weeks to get back and that Greene will work though it in a few games.

For RR I'm not sure what to expect, honestly. As long as he's simply solid defensively so that Doughty can do his thing most of the time, Doughty can cover up any lapses that may arise, so his performance doesn't worry me as much. Sure, I'd rather he be better than that, but after watching Doughty carry his pairing all last year, I don't find it all that concerning.

Edit:
Has it seemed to anyone else that our defense has been giving up the blueline more easily than normal? I remember thinking last game that they weren't standing guys up at the blueline much.

Last edited by FootKnight: 10-07-2013 at 01:13 PM.