View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
You know, I usually find this path of gamesmanship silly, but I am buying it this time. Not because I think Downie's hit was SO awful, and not just because Josi is out, but because I think that our team needs something to galvanize it. We're playing okay, the effort is definitely there, but anything, I do mean anything, that will speed up the gelling process is a win in my book.

Think of Weber's huge hit on the Blues' forward on that first shift, just seconds after the first tv timeout ovation. Set the tone for the rest of our season.

Personally, I like where our team/season is headed, I just think we need to get there a bit sooner rather than later, and solidifying the boys with a good old fashioned rumble might be just the thing.
And believe me, I'm not a huge proponent of this either but when a goon takes out one of your better players and the other teams coach has a smirk on his face all gloves come off and I agree with you in the sentiment that this team needs some galvanizing. Sometimes you just have to get mean....lol.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote