View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I think the logic could be that the roster last year was full of holes, especially if you count the injuries we had on defense, and even though we didn't make the playoffs, we didn't really underachieve.

That's what I believe, and it makes me wonder if 3 games isn't enough time to evaluate whether he should have been fired. Then again, Holmgren has been watching the team throughout training camp and if they've looked out of sorts all that time, and most of the time during the regular season, it's probably justifiable. This roster is better than last years', so we shouldn't be having all the same problems we did a year ago.
Ottawa could have said the same thing and they played a pretty disciplined game despite all their injuries.

The Flyers all last year besides that anomaly in the last 6 games or whatever played terribly undisciplined and uninspired hockey. They couldn't do the basics . The coach couldn't prepare them properly. He was glaringly part of the problem especially since they couldn't beat tight checking, fast forechecking and disciplined teams all year...albeit shortened year.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote