View Single Post
Old
11-30-2006, 02:55 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I'm fairly confident that everyone realizes this is a "hockey TEAM."

As I said, there are other problems that seem to be costing us games right now: our defense and the power play's efficiency are the two most prominent.

If you try to fix something that isn't broken (that would be our overall goal production, in particular our 5 on 5 goal production), you could very well end up with three major problems as opposed to two.

There are other solutions to this problem that have not been exhausted yet, so why bother making a move in haste?

Don't panic.
Panic???

Panicing would be to force a trade for a 2nd line center and overpay in the process.

5 on 5 scoring hasn't been a problem/concern?

When 17 of the last 18 goals prior to last game are scored by 4 guys, 3 of them being on the same line and the other one doing almost all of his scoring when on the PP with the 1st unit personel I'd say it's a major concern.

And this is not some major move that you guys are making it out to be, forget about the fact that this can be changed on a shift by shift basis for christs sake.

Let's not forget that this is a coaching staff that has been willing to try and make Betts a 2nd line center for crying out loud so swaping 2 qulaity players who both play the same position isn't some crazy shakeup/panic move and the upside is possibly having 2 lines that are actually a legit scoring threat.

At the end of the day the answer will be acquiring somebody to fill the 2nd line spot but until the trade market opens up with a deal that would make sense for us then I think this is the very least is worth giving a shot.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote