View Single Post
Old
11-30-2006, 03:58 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
a bit broken, as well as bottom two lines? The top line ain't, but one can argue that most of that is created from Jagr, and that Straka and Nylander, unlike last season, are burying their chances. Additionally, one can argue that the top line wouldn't suffer any chemistry issues with Prucha since he has had success there in the past and does mesh in well. And the second line, which hasn't scored in I don't know how long, could only do better.

I don't always agree with 'ain't broke, don't fix'. You still find ways to improve. If the top line stays the same and the second line gets an additional goal, it's improved. And as mentioned, assuming Jagr continues skating like it has been, I'd guess that the top line at worse stays constant. It's not a guarantee, but nothing is.
Thank you Fletch...the fact that everyone is throwing the "if it ain't broke" nonsense in regards to the 1st line is killing me and makes zero sense when trying to address the shortcomings of the entire team which has 3 other lines that need to contribute if we are to have any meaningful success this season.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote