View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'll challenge the defensive wiz notion. It really fell apart late last season. He's young, yes. But right now I cannot tell you what his role is here. Guys like Talbot had more of a role here than Sutter does right now.

I'm not hating him, but I'm holding his standard a little higher. I watched his d-game look average late last season. I see him get out muscled out of everything. If he stays this way, he serves no purpose to the team.

But please... take what i'm saying with a grain of salt. I'm just bringing the discussion up. I love the kid's game. It just looks lost right now. I feel that HE feels he has no identity to this team. He needs to take it over.
The Sutter line has actually looked pretty solid so far this year imo. They aren't the defensive whiz line that CSK were but they are generating offense for us. They're a bit of a weird third line in that I think their identity is going to be more chipping in a few goals than being a shutdown line. When our roster is fully healthy though you have three 15-20 goal guys on that third line in Bennett, Sutter, and Kobasew. Since I don't ever see them being a prime shutdown line I think their identity should be taking some of the load off of our top two lines and providing offensive support that maybe we haven't gotten from our third line in recent years.

Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote