View Single Post
Old
10-07-2013, 05:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Other than my post above about Lindberg, I pretty much agreed with Leslie's writeup - other than where she said Bourque was the fastest player on the ice. I think she meant to say "fastest player playing with 5 gears. Kreider clearly has 6 or 7, so I'm not counting him."

Also, she mentioned one thing that I'd like to point out:

Quote:
The up-tempo and high skill-based game that Hartford won this afternoon (by a score of 4-3), however, was much more of what this team will need to be to succeed this season. And more importantly, it is what the Rangers’ prospects need to develop properly. When you look up and down the lineup, this is no longer a lunch pail crew. However, I believe that there will be differences of opinion here, as Wolf Pack head coach Kenny Gernander said this afternoon that he preferred the way his team played in game one and not in the game this afternoon.
BARF.

Torts isn't here anymore, G! No more stone age hockey!

I have said it for years and comments like this only back it up - he was a AAAA hardworking forward himself and so he views lunchpail hockey as the "right" way to play and it's what he's trying to teach all our forwards. He is ill-equipped to help offensively oriented prospects. God help MSC if he ever takes a regular shift in HFD...