View Single Post
Old
10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I suspect/speculate that Homer got players not fit for Lavi's preferred system because Homer had faith in Lavi to coach for the players he has; it ended up being an overestimation.
Once him and Snider came out in the press saying Lavi needed to tighten things up to protect the goaltender better and then assembled a D corps that was more stay at home and didn't replace Carle properly..it really hampered what Lavi wanted to do. Then the injuries came and Paddock was hired and they simplified things for a bit with the extra wrinkle of D ( the end of season anomaly). Then Holmgren went out and got some pieces like Streit and I guess Lavi was like ok .....going to go back to my attack system....didn't pan out because other teams had it figured all out but the players didn't seem like they were motivated to execute it either.

Let's see what Berube can do along with Paddock and Lappy. Flyers seem to think they can replicate what occurred towards the end with the streak since Paddock and Berube were the implementors....if it doesn't pan out and they miss the playoffs I suspect Holmgren will step down..I don't think he will be fired outright even if he should be. Lots riding on the players and coach to salvage Holmgren's job....

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote