View Single Post
Old
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
However, i do share a concern that NYR's AHL affiliate has not delivered a pipeline of NHL regulars. McD and Hagelin's 1/2 seasons don't really apply here, that was more orientation out of college game to playing against men and the pro schedule.

Help me out if i am missing others, but it seems the only NHL regulars we developed in the last ~5 years with a couple seasons in AHL were Sauer and Anisimov, who were both 2d round picks.
Completely agree. The lack of ability to develop legit NHL players out of the AHL is concerning. I can't think of anyone else in addition to Sauer and Anisimov who benefited from long stints with Connecticut/Hartford.

I can think of 6 guys down with Hartford who I feel have a legitimate shot about contributing to the Rangers. Kreider, Miller, Talbot, McIlrath, Lindberg, and Hrivik. It makes you nervous, because you don't want to see this many players' NHL hopes die out playing for Gernander.

I've always hoped Gernander wasn't the head coach. The guy played like 950 AHL games to 50 NHL games. The AHL is a Developmental league and he doesn't know jack about making the jump for the AHL to the NHL.