Old
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I think Mr Ed has been more involved and meddling under Holmgren than he was with Clarke....at least that is what it seems like. Would have been interesting how Campbell would have operated with Snider breathing down his neck...maybe why he passed on the offer?
That very well may be the case, but "more involved" doesn't = Snider ruining the team or running the team into the ground etc. What Snider said at the press conference is true, I think. The culture of the Flyers is winning. Snider is not up there saying "let's bring back the 70s!" He is up there saying, "Homer, here's a blank check, put together a winning team." He pressed for Bryz, sure. Ok. That didn't work out. No one knew that it would be as catastrophic as it was, but at the end of the day, outside of that, you won't find much else that you can legitimately point to to say that Snider is doing anything other than wanting to win.

Be careful what you wish for. Snider won't be here forever. I don't know who is next in line to take over, but if it is someone with a different attitude, you all may get your wish of having a hands-off owner who doesn't get involved. Then see what happens when the bigwigs aren't spending to the Cap because the owners want a bigger profit rather than another Cup. It can't happen here, right?!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote