View Single Post
Old
10-08-2013, 01:21 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah the Carter and Richards trades don't register on the "fire Holmgren" meter for at all. He's made his mistakes, but those two are not on that list. If even one of those guys was still on this team, there is no telling what the roster would look like right now. I'm not so sure Read and Giroux are here long term if Richards or Carter is still here. I think if they are both still here there is slim to no chance that they are (or at least you are looking at a very different Giroux who may not be the player he is today because of the glut of centers this team has). It is a slippery slope to start playing the what-if game with Richards and Carter.

We got a good return for both players. Even if Schenn doesn't turn out to be the stud many thought he would be, I think I still go with Schenn, Simmonds, and the pick over Richards.
I thought Holmgren redeemed himself with that trade and I said I would judge him again from that trade forward. His follow up unfortunately has not been very good at all...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote