View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 12:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I disagree with this. They have yet to replace in one single player, but I think a cobination of Simmonds, Schenn, and Couturier bring to the table what Richards brought. Simmonds with the energy, Schenn with the all-around game (though not the same level), and Couturier with the defense.

Not every trade has to be an absolute hose job or a complete disaster. I think this trade will go down as a good deal for both teams. Richards was my favorite player and I hated to see him go, but again, if right now the Kings offered Richards for Simmonds, Schenn, and a third would you do it? I wouldn't.
you really cant start combining players on this team and say hey thats Richards right there. Simmonds hasnt been very good this year at all. Schenn is still a young player in this league and its way to early to judge what we have in him.
So to me this trade is still up in the air as far did we get fair value. Could it in the future? sure. right now it is very much up for debate if the return was enough.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote