View Single Post
10-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Change is good.
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
So it wasn't Tortorella after all? How long before we hire Peter Laviolette?

It was the second night of a back to back. Stepan and Callahan still getting into shape and Nash out after the first period. There were some ****ed up SJ goals as well--such as the referee could have got two assists on the first San Jose goal by Vlasic. Nice job by him of continuing to keep the play alive for them. The Couture goal hitting off the backboards behind our goal and popping over the net into the crease. The one Hertl goal where Dan Boyle's broken stick lying on the ice not only intercepts the pass but deflects the puck back in the opposite direction--our team going one way the puck going the other. I didn't watch the 3rd. I'll not comment on those but San Jose benefited from a lot of strange bounces and they were the fresher team and in their own rink and got momentum off of those breaks.

Now the issue for me--is when your team is getting pasted on the scoreboard--sorry to say it folks but once it hits 4-1, 5-1 and you're missing your best forward clean hit or not it's time to start running people, ****ing with their goalie etc. etc. and looking up and down the Sharks roster last night--they are not a tough team at all--problem is neither are we but they don't even have a Dorsett or Asham. The Rangers had no legs and no grit last night. No one played well.
Seriously, how hard is this to comprehend? The right side of our D could use some tweaking and I'd like to see some of the kids playing over the Pyatts of the world, but 90% of this game can be put down to: crazy road trip, new coach, two forwards just getting into shape (plus a third still missing), best forward getting injured in the first, and - most importantly - second game of a back-to-back against a damn good team in their building.

This happens again with a full squad after two days of rest playing in MSG in mid-November and then it's time to panic.

(For the record, Laviolette was the guy I wanted when we hired Torts, so I wouldn't be upset if we got him at all, but you've got to give AV at least a full season, no?)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote