Old
10-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
This.

I'm "fine" with trading Lundqvist if the organization also gets rid of Nash, Richards, and everybody else making big money over the age of 27.

It's not going to happen, so you don't trade our one chance at being competitive.
This is how I feel as well. If we're starting the rebuild, FOR REAL, and not looking to patchwork our way into the playoffs again in 1-2 years, than sure, you trade Hank - and everyone else - for the maximum returns possible. And genuinely start from a clean slate. Keep Staal, McD, Callahan, Hagelin, Fast, Miller, Brassard, Stepan? Not even necessarily all of them. Everyone else is gone, and not for roster players, unless they're expiring contracts that need to come the other way to get the return we want. We actually draft in the top-10 for a few years, develop a team identity and philosophy that we stick to in our drafting, hammer into our guys in Hartford and live by with the big club and we worry about starting to be competitive in 4 years. Guys like Cally and Staal would be about 30. Everyone else would still be in their 20s.

Those are the only circumstances under which you actually trade Hank, and it has nothing to do with his pre-season performance + three games, two in which his team played like garbage, one in which he stopped 30 and allowed 1 goal. Since Glen is at the helm, we all know it's not even a conversation worth having.

Last edited by Nothing As It Seems: 10-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.