View Single Post
Old
01-17-2004, 03:56 AM
GhostOfTheForum

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax
Really........... So Savard did the good deal when getting Traverse for Weinrich, and Audette for Rucinsky........ It would have saved a lot of bucks however.......

Letting UFAs go is sometimes the better solution. In fact, nowdays, it is even strongly advised..........

To conclude, I would be happy if Perreault stays for the playoffs (I'm confident we'll make them), and I would be happy if we can get a mid-round pick (3rd-4th) for him. With André Savard and his scouting staff in the organization, these picks are gold for us!!!
If Perrault stays for the play-offs, we get nothing for him as far as I can see he is an UFA. That is why I said Perrault and then throw in some of our guys we need moved.

AS far as ruining the chemistry of the team, wouldn't Komi and Hainsey learn from Gauthier?
Do you think Perrault is happy with his ice time and line position?
Will the smell of the play-offs force Calgary to deal in a weaker position than Montreal?

Gainey does not mention about wanting any defence and is not looking for any. Well, hello, he's got his poker face on. If you wanna give him a great deal then he'll trade for any position even if it is to flip the player to somewhere else.

Right now I think Montreal would be in the driver's seat in a trade with Calgary.