Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
AV clearly favors the vets. It seems like he's looking for leadership within the room while he adjusts to the team.

This is why we're seeing Pyatt instead of JT, for instance.

I agree that Haley is a better choice, I'm a big fan of his.

I don't agree that the switch would've made any sort of impact last night, but yes, Haley is a better option imo.

Natural LW, strong on his skates, clears the front of the net. I also think he has some untapped offensive upside, but that's just a hunch.
I don't think he would have made a difference on the scoreboard, but he would have shown some heart and fiestyness.

Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Look, I think you are right. Ie, there is no objective reasoning behind icing Asham over Haley. This is a pecking order thing.

I think we see situations like this every now and then, a player is on the verge of making it and the issue becomes about that player playing or not playing, and not whether who is the "best" player for a position. The player becomes a roadblock for others that could come from behind.

I was definitely one of the bigger fans of the Asham-signing. I always thought he did a great job against us and where a tough player to play against. But he just isn't as good now as he was when he was 30. The legs aren't quite there. The energy is lacking. Etc. I think we are doing our due diligence with him and letting him play himself out of the lineup to a larger extent than someone taking him over Haley.
I liked the Asham signing as well, but I agree with your analysis of him....he's done.