View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 12:31 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Staal and McD are the only Rangers D I would REALLY hate to lose. I'd maybe throw Johnny in there too if he takes strides in his development this season. Like I said to SBOB, I would love for this team to FINALLY have a 4th line guy that sticks to the team and loves being here, instead of a ****** mercenary, so I'd like to keep Dorsett. I also mentioned Lundqvist is conditional, I'd keep him but I have serious doubts he stays. I'd really not like to turn to a rebuild, though
I can agree on Dorsett. He certainly doesn't make or break a rebuild so I have no problem keeping him. I don't think he's been great, but he's a good fourth liner with a wee-bit of upside. Staal and McD are really the only Rangers, period, I would hate to lose. I mean, Cally and Lundqvist as well, but with Lundy it's a kind of bitter sweet, he deserves better kind of feeling. With Cally, I love the guy; I kind of wish he'd never gotten the C. Not because he's bad, but because if he could just do his thing and be Cally without the C... I don't know, I feel like it taints him somehow. Let someone else be the guy who has to speak up and "lead" in a visible fashion. Let Cally just be the guy who goes out and does it regardless of having a letter. He just goes out and plays and is a leader through his play. I don't think he's a verbal leader. I liked him better with an A, at best. But yeah, I'd keep Cally if he could be the vet to oversee the rebuild. It would hurt to lose him.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote