View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Persona5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think we are overstating how bad Bartley was. He made mistakes, sure, but there is a reason he is a 6-7 defenseman, or should be. Our PK needs work. Anyone who can't see that is blind like Mick Magoo. Even-strength, we were good defensively. Minnesota has alot of good peices and we shut them down, even with a terrible 2nd period offensively. But back to Bartley, I hope as time passes and Josi gets in the lineup, he is allowed that 12-14 min or so of protected icetime and is able to work on the pk more. Team has a ton of new parts. Need time to gel.
While Bartley could have played worse he is not in a 6-7th d-man role right now. He is playing on our second pairing with Klein. I personally would like to see Ekholm moved into that second line role with Klein and Bartley moved back with Ellis for now. The reason that won't happen however is Bartley and Ellis on the ice at the same time would probably lead to a lot of issues. They are more than likely trying to protect Bartley by having him play with Klein. Ekholm has held his own very well and I can't wait to see more from him. We may be looking at the best second pairing in the NHL in a couple years in Ekholm/Jones with Josi/Weber on the top pairing. I can see it happening with the way these kids are playing.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote