View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 02:27 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Rangers have a guy like that, he's their Captain.

Guys that hit have a skill:fight ratio. Basically the more skill you have the less you're going to fight. I.E. Callahan doesn't fight and Dorsett does. Both are quick, can play hockey and HIT.

Dubinsky, less skill than Cally and fights more.
Prust, less skill then Dubi and fights more.
No knock on Callahan. He just can't do it alone. And since he's one guy, and we don't want him in the box too much, and he's not that big, despite playing with the heart of a lion, it still doesn't hurt to add a guy like Chimera who would cost little, plays a similar game, but has less skill and would throw his weight around and make the lineup tougher without being a liability. He'd add speed. And toughness. He can play hockey. But it's okay if he fights and ends up in the box too.

I also don't agree Dubi has "less skill" than Cally, but that's a story for a different day. Same career high's in points. Same pace last season in points. Dubi is younger, has more career points. I would say Dubi actually has more skill but a bit less instinct and, despite being a warrior, is still less a warrior than Cally. Also despite having a good defensive game, has less a defensive game than Cally. So, less valuable? Sure. Less skill? Not so sure.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote