Thread: Tom Pyatt
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2006, 02:34 PM
xander

vCash: 500
superficially, I've never seen Pyatt play, he seems to look alot like Ryan Callahan: a smaller foward whose defensively responcible but also has a decent pair of hands, eventually projecting to the third line.

It's fustrating that so many of our prospects top out as third liners, but these guys also look like they can turn into somthing that this team currently lacks: bottom 6 players that can both score and be defensively responcible.

It's looking more and more like the current system is going to produce a very good foundation for the organization to build on: Good two-way grinders, some good second liners (crossing my fingers for Dawes, Dubinsky ande maybe Korpikoski here), good two way defensemen (Sauer, Tyutin, Baranka), maybe a premier shutdown guy (Staal), and a possible starting goalie (Montoya.)

Chances are that the rangers will have too aquire that premier player or two, which is a shame, but hopefully the organization will already have developed a good core group of players for that premier guy to play with.

The team we're playing tonight is actually a very good model for what I think the rangers are building towards: alot of depth, alot of interchageable team oriented players that have been brought up through the system and have learned to play greater as a whole than they would as induvidual parts.

Last edited by xander: 12-01-2006 at 02:44 PM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote