View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
Okay...sure.This board collectively said 'GTFO' when Prust wanted $2.4 per...now he'd "Save us"?

And Dubi? The original 'Holdy'? The wailing about his cap hit in relation to his production around here would be epic.

"Good room guy man!! See what he did to that Gatorade cooler man?"

I remember Avery going with Carcillio in defense of Gabs and people here went sideways,basically tarred and feathered him.And no,I'm not dragging out tired old arguments either.

People say you can't teach skill,you can't teach heart either
Prust got overpaid. I'd rather be overpaying Prust than paying Pyatt + Asham the combined same amount.

Dubinsky... the myths will never end. It seems to be because he held out. It tainted him forever. He had ONE season where his production was not where the cap hit warranted. Yes, last year injury forced him to play barely more than half of the already short season, but he was on pace for 56 points. The year before his down year he scored 54 points. He had a down season in the middle. Looking at what Horton and Clarkson just got as UFAs, Dubinsky's cap hit is fine, considering how much he PKs and all the other things he brings to a team.

Am I going to pine about the trade? No. What's done is done and we got a guy who can be electrifying. Does it mean bashing Dubinsky is warranted? No, and it's getting damn tiring on these boards. I'd take him back tomorrow, no questions asked, if we could fit him.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote