View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Regal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Well... As you mentioned Plekanec as a much lower cap-hit than Ovechkin, and is actually a lot better defensively, I think I'll make the call !

I don't think Mcdonagh is better defensively, its about the way they play. Subban is explosive, he'll make more good plays than bad plays(At both side of the ice). Anyway, even if we say his defense is that much better, P.K.'s offense is among the best in the league... I really don't see a contest.
Well McDonagh and Subban are much closer than Plekanec and Ovechkin. McDonagh is actually very good offensively at even strength, and overall their even strength play, while different, is probably at similar levels of value. He's not Subban on the PP obviously, but he also hasn't been given much of a chance. The idea was that Philly might value a player like McDonagh more on a team that generally has a good PP already, and could really use a player like McDonagh on defense. I would still take Subban and I think Philly would still take Subban, but I think they at least mull over McDonagh for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
What about Holmgren?
The man likes to shake things up. I could see him trying to trade up to draft Kane so he doesn't score against them in the cup finals.