View Single Post
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Jim Ramsay
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
That's the thing. From a fan's perspective, I agree. Don't define the team based on one bad game.

But from a player's perspective, I want last night's game seared into their memory for the rest of the season. I want them to be absolutely ashamed and feel extreme embarrassment. And I want them to move forward with that memory and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Outside of Callahan's post game interview, and maybe Boyle's temper tantrum on Stuart at the end of the game, I didn't see that from a single player last night.

And AV looked like a deer in the headlights in his post game interview. "Clean slate" is the opposite of what they need right now in my opinion. Not to say he should hold a grudge or throw some guys in the dog house. But if he just lets them forget last night's game, and takes the approach that they should "eh, move on, its just one bad game" -- to me that is the wrong attitude to take.
I actually think AV seemed a little aggravated in his postgame, but doesn't seem like the kind of guy to 'blow up' in post game interviews... He was kind of alluding to the CBA requires a day off and to me it kind of sounded like the rangers probably would have had a tough practice today if they were allowed to have one.....

The one thing that Torts did very well was make people accountable and I hope AV is holding every single player accountable for that terrible performance last night.

Apparently there was a closed door team meeting after the game last night so who really knows what was said....Maybe AV let them have it....Maybe Callahan stood up and said how embarrassing and unacceptable the game was..... who really knows