View Single Post
Old
12-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
You're right, BigE...

if the second line is ineffective anyways and the team still wins, does it hurt putting a guy like Immonen in there to see if he can get it going, thus replacing Betts with Cullen and Hollweg with Betts, moving Hollweg to wing. Could that be a better balance of centermen? Maybe. Could it be much worse? Probably not.

As for Immonen - it is disappointing how he started the season. We talk about character, and that may speak to his character a bit, which had been my biggest issue after coming out of preseason thinking he did well enough to get a look, but admittedly thinking that Dawes did better and if there was only going to be one to get the shot, Dawes deserved it. And going back to character, Immonen has shown a bit by bouncing back. So I'm a little less down on him than I was.

But in the end you're right - this team's problems lie elsewhere, although I believe there are a couple problems: scoring from other lines, consistency of the PP, and the defensive corps (in reverse order of importance). While you want to attack everything, if you're winning, I think you tweak before dealing.

Funny enough, this Rangers team is currently in first place (I think with the sixth best record in the Conference). Boston, with two games in hand, have only one less win and the same amount of losses. This race is tight. They're a few points comfortably in a playoff spot, and a few points from being on the outside looking in. These teams are so close to .500 it's not even funny.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote