Old
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Have to imagine the Giants can get a late 1st round pick. I really want the Jets to do it for a 2 though. Nicks has a lot of good years left where his production will match pretty much what you hope a 2nd round pick can do.I think the Jets need to get a good offensive lineman, safety, or OLB more than a WR though so I don't think I'd want to trade the 1st. Maybe a 2nd and a conditional 2nd next year (If he re-signs with the Jets or they make the AFC championship game or something like that otherwise it becomes a 4).

If I'm the Giants I'm happy with 2 2nd's or a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th especially if they have no plans to re-sign him
I'd do it. Nicks is going to walk here and I'd rather trade him and get something. 2nd and a Conditional 2nd/4th is a trade I would accept (your conditional move where the 2 becomes a 4). Very reasonable offer and I think it is good for both sides. I assume the Giants try and hold out for a first and would take a 2nd + mid round pick if a 1st can't be had.