View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Last year was painful. The line juggling at the start of the season contributed to a terrible start for Giroux. The same damn thing is happening this year. I know it's early and I should give Berube some leeway, but I really don't like what he has done with the first line. Hartnell and Simmonds are similar styles. Having two net crashers on a line with G just seems awfully dense. I'm not sure I even like it on the PP as it limits most passing to G/Jake/Timmo, and I think that is too easy for the opposition to only worry about blocking 2 passing lanes for the most part.

I still don't know why it took Laviolette so long to realize that Voracek & Giroux should play together, nor why he would break them up after how they looked last year. Of all the forwards that Giroux played with, the biggest impact on his Corsi numbers is Jake. Link

To me the lines would be much better balanced if Hartnell & Simmonds were on separate lines:
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Read

Keep Schenn & Couturier on separate lines. I know they had success in the AHL, but they don't have that in the NHL and their numbers show it. Most importantly though is stop juggling the lines and give them time to get some chemistry.