View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 09:58 PM
flybynite77

vCash: 500
Honestly I think I place fans crying about the media being too hard on their players in the same category of fans crying about the refs being "against" the Flyers.

Do I think the Philadelphia sports media as a whole is worth celebrating? Not really. When it comes to hockey I think there's multiple factors.

#1)Even from so-called "hockey guys" there's a lot of stupidity and not knowing of the rules. I listened to both Al Morganti and Timmy P on CSN say actually address a question about whether the Flyers would call Scott Laughton back to the team now that there's been a coaching change.

Shouldn't that question take 10 seconds to answer? "A player once returned to the CHL can not return until their CHL team's season is completed." I didn't hear that from either one.

#2)I personally believe a large number of the media is irked by the insular almost cultish type behavior of Flyer's fans when it comes to siding with the organization. Eagles fans rip into the Eagles, Phillies fans rip into the Phillies, Sixers fans rip into the Sixers... but a huge portion of the Flyers fanbase just kinda goes along with what the franchise tells them.

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote