View Single Post
Old
10-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Interesting to think that if Forsberg and Jones both pan out that we may have completely revamped this franchise's fortunes in one pretty unsuccessful month (between the Erat trade on Apr 3rd and clinching the #4 spot on Apr 27th).
As you point out, as I got into writing the prospect capsules I went back and looked over the list a couple of times and came to the same conclusion and that really framed my intro into the whole article. If things go right in the next couple of years, a miserable month on the ice might work out to be the best thing to happen to the franchise in the last decade.

Was thinking about the article last night as Jones assisted on Forsberg's first NHL goal and we saw the two of them celebrating together afterwards. Seems like just last season we were always complaining about not being in position to draft impact players like Forsberg and Jones. One bad season, one unhappy player, one GM going all in to make the playoffs, and we have ourselves two top prospects in the cupboard!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote