View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 01:02 AM
MP92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I'm one of the few Carter fans left in Flyerland. Still hurts to see him play so well for the Kings.

It wasn't lockerroom trouble rumours that plagued Carter and Richards; it was off ice shenanigans, particularly with Carter. Dean Lombardi has been very open with speaking about Carter's maturity since he arrived in LA.

When you throw millions of dollars at young men, there needs to be an understanding that they're going to have fun. I don't know if the Flyers didn't help Carter settle or if he just needed to mature on his own, but he's a different guy in LA. I believe there was a recent article quoting Lombardi and Richards about Carter's maturity with the Kings.
I try to avoid commenting about those two seeing as how they've been gone for a couple years now but I do want to say this (and this will be the last time I talk about these two because we all really do need to desperately move on):

Yes, young people like to have fun and go out and all that kind of stuff. It makes it even more tempting and easier when you have millions of dollars but when you have the privilege of playing a professional sport for a living, you're held to a higher standard and you need to grow up quicker than the average early to mid twenty person. These teams are paying them a ton of money not to just play well but to act like an adult and be a good representative of their organization There is a time and place to go out, have fun and party. That's what the offseason is for. It's okay to go out after a game and have a beer or two but to get completely ****faced and stay out all night is irresponsible when you have practice or even a game the next day. If they really have grown up since leaving, good for them. It's unfortunate for us fans and the franchise that they couldn't do that here. It's not like they didn't have their chances. Lupul and Upshall were made examples of and were warnings to them to straighten up and fly right but they refused. I can't blame the Flyers for wanting to get away from that after multiple attempts to help them. Boston just did the same thing with Seguin. Maybe those trades will workout long term, maybe they won't. But one thing is for sure is that they had to be made because nothing was changing.

Last edited by MP92: 10-10-2013 at 01:09 AM.
MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote