View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Well, Ive been to two Oil King games so far and Ive seen them score a grand total of two goals. Both scored by Cody Corbett. The lack of scoring depth on the Oil Kings is killing them. Griff was at the arena tonight. He is a sight for sore eyes. Tristan Jarry **** the bed again tonight. Letting in a bizarre goal on the first shot of the game, which really wasnt a shot on goal as it was a dump in that was going a foot and a half wide, but he stuck out his pad and somehow directed it into the back of his own net. Let in another stinker from a bad angle later in the first and that was pretty much all the Tips needed as they potted two empty netters at the end of the game.

Officiating was horrid. I had heard last year that Spurgeon (local ref of ill repute) had been banned from doing any games at Rexall. Didnt see him for most of last season but there he was again tonight, trying his best to be the center of attention. Just a disgraceful display that affected both teams and more importantly the flow of the game (of which there was none) for the fans. **** that ****.

Everett is well coached (by the infamous Kevin Constantine) and were excellent defensively. There were literally no defensive breakdowns and no bad giveaways committed by the Tips all game. Lotz played great and that was the difference. Khaira was big and strong, but his skating isnt even average for the whl. Needs lots of work on that or he will go nowhere as a pro. If the Oil Kings cant get their **** together with Griff, then I believe a full on sale off of anyone worth a **** like Corbett, Reinhart, Samuelsson and Lazar could be in order around the deadline. Jarry has been awful in the two games I have seen, and apparently not much better in the games I have missed.

Next up is Spokane on Friday night. Hard to say what will happen but if tonight was any indication the Oil Kings will get spanked.

Oh and Mirco Mueller was very impressive, big, mobile, and composed. He is going to be a good pro.