Old
10-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Any reason why?

Lindholm is a smaller player by a couple inches, had a couple of injury problems this preseason and has not even a single point in this young season despite having played in a men's league prior to entering the draft.

They are both noted to be smart players on the ice, but I'd rather take the bigger kid who knows how to score in the NHL.
At the time pre-draft, I felt like Lindholm was extremely underrated for his tenacious play and his all around skill, which I felt was only second to Drouin. Really, you could of drawn straws between him and Monahan. But I felt like he had the higher offensive upside and I liked his the grittiness to his game that's the scouts did not give him full credit for. Initially I was a heavy favourite of drafting Monahan but I started to lean more towards Lindholm at the end. Ultimately now, I'm thrilled we drafted Sean and from what I've seen, he's going to be a dynamic player in so many ways and I think he has the potential to become a Toews caliber player. I'm so happy he's a Flame and we truly have a fantastic piece to build around. His offensive upside becomes more apparent all the time and he's so smart at aspects of the game. We really lucked out with him.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote