View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
The Jets need to pay Wilkerson. He has one more year left on his rookie deal. The Jets could wait until after 2014 or do it this off-season.

Quote:
In a few months, the Jets and Wilkerson will be talking contract. He has only one year remaining on his rookie deal, and the team almost certainly will try to lock him up next offseason with a long-term deal -- probably the first mega-contract of the John Idzik era. The franchise-tag amount this year for a defensive end is $11.2 million, so that should provide a basic idea of how much of a yearly average we’re talking about.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ets-next-revis

All of the defensive lineman are signed through 2014.

Idzik is a very conservative guy. He believes in the draft. He needs to pay Wilkerson.

The Jets acquired Holmes from Pittsburgh because he was cheap and Rex wanted him. Under Mangini,the Jets wouldn't have touched Holmes. He has been a disaster for the Jets. Take away his first season in 2010. Pittsburgh wanted him off the team at any cost.

Quote:
The Jets gave Holmes a five-year $45 million deal in the summer of 2011. Since then, he has played 24 games. In that time, he has gone over 100 yards receiving just twice, including the 154-yard performance against Buffalo. He has had more than six catches in a game just once, has not recorded more than one touchdown in any game and has a total of 10 scores.

On Thursday, Holmes took a dig at the Jets’ offense and Smith, the rookie quarterback, in particular. Holmes was held to just one catch last week against the Titans, but, as usual, it wasn’t his fault. It was the person throwing it to him or the fact he was double-covered, not his inability to get open.

“I played 49 plays and all I know is that I had one catch. That’s all I can attest for,” Holmes said. “It’s the offense’s job. I can’t throw it to myself and catch it, otherwise I would.”
http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/santoni...-jets-45m-tab/

Holmes had issues with Sanchez. Then he takes a shot at Geno.